JUAN MARCOS ROUGÉS
+ 54 11 3990 8603
Spanish, English and French.
Juan Marcos Rougès has a broad experience in Customs law and corporate taxation matters, with a special focus in customs valuation, business reorganizations and complex tax litigation. He is a partner of our tax team since 2017, where he heads the Customs and international trade department. He has extensive trial and appellate experience and has appeared before all levels of court including before the Federal Supreme Court, with remarkable successful outcomes.
Regarded by the firm´s clients as a lateral thinker, Juan Marcos integrates his tax practice with a strong academic activity. Juan Marcos is adjunct professor of Tax Law at the Universities of Buenos Aires and Austral´s Law School, both at the graduate and undergraduate programs. He
is a frequent lecturer on Customs law and transfer pricing, who has written many articles and specialized publication on his areas of concentration.
Before joining our team in 2011, he worked as an associate at the law firms of Negri & Teijeiro (2010- June, 2011) and Fiorito, Murray & Díaz Cordero (2009-2010).
He has been ranked as a “Tax Controversy Leaders” by International Tax Review (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022) for his representation in leading cases involving international-tax controversies.
City of Buenos Aires, 2010
Federal Chamber of Appeals of San Martin, 2016
City of San Isidro, 2019
Capabilities (list of relevant transactions, upon request)
Foreign Exchange Regulations
White Collar & Corporate Crimecing
Tax Controversies and Transfer Pricing
Articles and specialized contributions
- “La resolución general 4717/2020- Comentarios a la nueva reglamentación sobre precios de transferencia”, La Ley editors,14.9.20. Co-authored.
- “La reglamentación de los precios de transferencia a la luz de las recomendaciones de la OCDE”, La Ley editors, 19.6.19. Co-authored.
- “A Milestone Treaty Shopping Case From Argentina’s Tax Court”, published on 10.23.13 Tax Analyst´s Worldwide Tax Daily and at Tax Notes International. Co-authored.
- SJD candidate (expected 2022). Austral University Law School.
- M in Tax Law (2014), Buenos Aires University Law School.
- B, University of Tucumán Law School (2009). Graduated with honors